The videos, guides and FAQs on this page are designed to help you understand and navigate PensionPoint.Scroll Down
Making sense of PensionPoint
How to register for PensionPoint
Frequently asked questions
PensionPoint is our new online pension portal that is being introduced to replace My Pension Online in 2022.
We are planning to transfer members over to PensionPoint at different times throughout 2022. As soon as we know your transfer date, we will drop you an email to let you know how to log in and what you need to do. Until then, there’s nothing further you need to do.
Yes, as it’s a new site, you will need to register your details the first time you log in. But it only takes a couple of minutes.
Once you have registered your details, you can log in as often as you like in two easy steps.
Step 1 – Enter your email address and password.
Step 2 – Enter your one time code, which will be sent to your email address every time you log in.
Logging in to PensionPoint is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the PensionPoint homepage, select Register, enter your personal details (name, address, National Insurance number etc) and click Submit.
- Choose a security question and answer (one you know you’ll remember), then choose your password and click Submit.
- You’ll receive an email with a one-time six-digit authentication code. Tick the box to confirm you’ve received the code, enter it into the box and click Submit.
- Click the Done button and you’ll be automatically logged in to your PensionPoint account.
- You’ll need to enter your email address and password every time you log in – along with a new six-digit authentication code, which will be sent directly to your email address each time you attempt to log in.
That’s it – you’re good to go!
Watch our video about how to register to use PensionPoint here:
If you’ve forgotten your password for PensionPoint, just follow these three easy steps:
1. Select the forgotten password link on the Log in page.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
3. Log in to the site as normal.
For more information on PensionPoint – including some useful videos and frequently asked questions – please visit our dedicated resource page
You have three attempts to log in to PensionPoint before your account is locked.
If you do find yourself locked out, please select the forgotten your password link on the Log in page.
My pension benefits
No, your pension benefits will remain exactly the same.
Yes, your annual benefit statement will be available to view on PensionPoint each year.
If you have previously received your P60s via My Pension Online, any future P60s will be available on PensionPoint in the same way.
If you have previously received your P60s from your pension fund (Brent, Ealing, Newham and Havering members), you will need to request these documents directly from your pension fund.
We are currently putting the finishing touches to our online calculators for firefighters. Although they are not available yet, we are hoping to have them up and running in the near future.
If you are planning your retirement in the next 12 months, please visit the Calculators page of PensionPoint and complete the online form. This will be picked up by our specialist Firefighters’ team and one of our advisers will complete a manual estimate of your retirement benefits.
My Pension Online
No, once you have been transferred over to PensionPoint, you will no longer be able to access My Pension Online.