Complaints procedure

We take complaints seriously and will always do everything we can to resolve your issue. To raise a complaint please get in touch on the details below.

Local Pensions Partnership Administration Ltd. (LPPA) puts the satisfaction of it’s Pension Members at the heart of it’s business and we always strive to provide a high quality service.  However, we are aware that sometimes things can go wrong, and if you are unhappy with the services provided by LPPA you have the right to make a complaint.

LPPA’s Complaint Procedure is available on request.

How do I make a complaint?

There are 2 types of complaint:

1. Complaint regarding your Pension Scheme

2. Complaint regarding the Administration of your Pension

For example:

  • A decision on whether you can combine several pensions
  • Your Employer deciding whether you can retire on ill health
  • A decision on whether to accept a transfer from another scheme or to authorise a transfer to another scheme
  • You haven’t received the information you require
  • You feel there has been an unreasonable delay in dealing with your request

Complaint route

Please submit your initial complaint in writing to:

If you remain dissatisfied following our response to your complaint then you can either:

  • Request your complaint is escalated within LPPA
  • Refer your complaint to TPAS
  • Refer your complaint to the Pensions Ombudsman

When submitting a complaint, please provide sufficient information to enable LPPA to identify:

  • You
  • Your Employer
  • Your Pension Account


What will happen to my Complaint?

LPPA will:

  • Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 working days.
  • Respond to you fully within 30 working days or update you on progress after 30 working days.
  • Keep you informed of progress in resolving your complaint.
  • Resolve your complaint within 8 weeks or provide you with a detailed update at that point.
  • Provide a clear written outcome to your complaint.

LPPA will also:

  • Treat all complaints fairly.
  • Be objective.
  • Learn from every complaint.
  • Put right faults in our processes.
  • Address any training requirements with our team.

Other sources of help

  1. The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) MAPS

TPAS provide independent and impartial information about pensions, free of charge, to members of the public. TPAS is available to assist members and beneficiaries of the scheme with any pensions query they may have or any general requests for information or guidance concerning their pension benefits.

  1. The Pensions Regulator

This is the regulator of work-based pension schemes. The Pensions Regulator has powers to protect members of work-based pension schemes and a wide range of powers to help put matters right, where needed. In extreme cases the regulator is able to fine trustees or employers and remove trustees from a scheme.

  1. The Pension Tracing Service

Holds details of all pension schemes. If you were in a scheme in the past and have lost touch with them, the tracing service may be able to help you track them down

  1. The Pensions Ombudsman

The Pensions Ombudsman has a dispute resolution team who will try to resolve complaints where members or beneficiaries cannot resolve the matter with the scheme administrators. If this still does not resolve the complaint an application can be made, within 3 years of the event (or within 3 years of when you first knew about it), to the Pensions Ombudsman’s legal team for an adjudication. The Pensions Ombudsman can investigate and determine any complaint involving maladministration of the scheme or matters of fact or law and his/her decision is final, binding and enforceable in court. Matters where legal proceedings have already started cannot be investigated. More information can be found here

Help & FAQs

Our most frequently asked questions from members all in one place.

Help & FAQs Help & FAQs


All the pension related news in one place.

News LPPA News