Here you can find the most commonly asked general queries on pensions and LPPA.
If you joined a Local Government Pension Scheme before 2014 (or a Police or Fire scheme before 2015), you will have been a member of a Final Salary scheme. This means that your retirement income (relating to this period) is calculated using your final year’s salary (or your highest annual salary within the last three years of employment).
For every year you were a member of an LGPS pension before 2008, 1/80th of your final salary will be added to your pension account to make up your annual retirement income. And for every year between 2008 and 2014 (or 2015 for Fire and Police Members), 1/60th of your final salary will be added.
Along with any CARE pension you build up, these figures will help to make up your annual retirement income.
If you joined a Local Government Pension Scheme after 2014 (or a Police or Fire scheme after 2015), you will have a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension (CARE pension for short). This is based on your average earnings (pensionable pay) built up over the course of your career – including salary, bonuses, overtime, maternity/paternity pay.
Each year, 1/49th of your pensionable pay is put into your pension account to make up your annual retirement income. At the end of the year, your contributions are adjusted to reflect inflation. This happens every year and as your pension account grows, so too does your annual retirement income.
From this website
- Click My Pension Online, and click through selecting your scheme, then click ‘Go’
- Select ‘Forgotten username/password’
- Enter the requested details
- You will receive an email to change the forgotten details.
From this website
- Select ‘Sign up to My Pension Online’ and click through selecting your pension status, then your scheme, then clicking ‘Go’
- Enter your Surname, National Insurance number, Date of Birth and Email address
- If your email address is on file you will receive a link which will ask you complete the sign-up details by creating a username, password and 2 security questions
- If your email address is not on file you will receive a letter in the post which will give you the activation key
- Once the activation key is received then click ‘Login’
- Go to ‘Complete registration’
- Enter your Surname, National Insurance number, Date of Birth and the activation key (*match the capitals / lower case letters*)
- Once accepted you will be asked to create a username, password and 2 security questions.
To opt out of the pension scheme you need to complete an opt out form which can be found in Forms and Documents and return it to your employer. Once you have returned the form to your employer they will stop your pension contributions and send your information to us.
Log into My Pension Online
Select ‘Death Grant Nomination Details’
Add nominee details and the % you wish for them to receive and press submit
This change will be reflected on My Pension Online within 24 hours.
Alternatively, you can download, complete and submit a Death Grant Nomination form from here.
- Select ‘Contact us’
- Enter your Name, Email, National Insurance number and Pension Scheme
- Enter your message requesting this change, attach the certificate confirming your change of name and press submit
- The change will be reflected on My Pension Online within 5 working days.
I can’t find the information I’m looking for.Contact LPPA